Highlights of Qualifications
- Board Certified Behaviour Analyst(BCBA) since February 2017
- Over 10 years of experience working with children/youth with developmental and mental health disorders and their families using principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis(ABA)
- Strong knowledge and background in childhood development and autism spectrum disorders
- Excellent in utilizing principles of Verbal Behaviour and ABA along with Natural Environment Teaching(NET)
- Highly skilled providing adult learning and training especially training instructors utilizing principles of ABA in different settings
- Strong communication skills working in multidisciplinary team as well as with caregivers.
- Creative in using environment as a learning opportunity, provide spontaneous situations to generate social skills and evoke communication.
- Well-organized, professional and capable of managing multiple tasks in a timely fashion
- Proven dedication and reliability through punctuality, creative input and responsible work ethics
Master of Applied Disability Studies (Specialization in ABA), 2015 Brock University, Faculty of Social Sciences – St. Catherine’s, ON
Ontario Certificate Program in Autism and Behavioural Science, 2010 Seneca College, Continuing Education – Toronto, ON
Bachelor Degree in Psychology, 1998
Istanbul University, Faculty of Arts Department of Psychology
1to1 Therapy Services
Behavior Consultant/Senior Therapist-March 2016-present
- Provide behavior consultation to families and school staff of children with autism and/or developmental delay in home and school settings using the best practices of ABA
- Collaborate with Speech and Language Pathologist and other professionals to support development of behavior programs for children with autism and/or developmental delay
- Supervise and train instructor therapists in implementation of skill development programs as well as behavior protocols
- Write individual service plans and progress notes based on assessment results.
Senior Therapist-Sept. 2014 to March 2016
- Developed and implemented child specific programming, monitor progress and adjust services accordingly using the best practices of ABA
- Consulted with families and the Clinical Supervisor in the development of effective evidence based practices for home and centre-based therapy.
- Conducted functional behavior assessments, analyzed data and created behavior protocols based on the assessment results
- Supervised instructor therapists in the treatment with the child to assess and trouble-shoot effectiveness where required.
- Liaised and communicated with parents, teachers, and/or other community agencies as needed
- Provided parent training and education either in home or centre-based setting. Encourage and teach parents through Behavioral Skills Training(BST) techniques with one on one support
- Researched and developed resource materials.
Instructor Therapist – Feb. 2010 to March 2016
- Implemented child-specific intensive behavior intervention programming either in home-based or centre-based setting
- Monitored the client’s progress and the effectiveness of the individualized programs through recording and graphing data
- Wrote reports and progress notes and participate with the Clinical Team in the program planning process
- Implemented behavior protocols that include different behavior management strategies such as differential reinforcement of other behavior (DRO), extinction, response interruption and redirection,…etc to reduce inappropriate behaviors
- Worked with clients’ teachers and resource team to transition client in to classroom routine and curriculum.
- Provided and created resources for educators supporting children with ASD.
Senior Therapist (ABA program) – Jan 2012 – Apr 2012
- Supervised Behavior Therapists in implementation of behavioral strategies in a group setting
- Reviewed data and wrote progress reports for each client in the program
- Liaised with parents
Williams Marijan & Associates – Jan 2009 – Feb 2010
Child and Youth Worker
- Supported clients with autism, mental health and behavioral challenges in various settings including schools, IBI settings and group homes.
Funcitonal Assessment of Severe Problem Behaviour of Persons with Autism: A focus on safer, faster and still effective process( Dr. Gregory Hanley, PH.D, BCBA-D)
Treating Severe Problem Behaviour: A focus on strengthening socially important behaviour of persons with Autism (Dr. Gregory Hanley, PH.D, BCBA-D)
“Using Developmental and Functional Skills Curriculums as Part of Lifelong Planning and Instruction for Children and Adults with Moderate-to-Severe Disabilities” by Dr. Patrick McGreevy, PhD, BCBA-D
“Beyond the Basics: Advanced Topics in Language Instruction for Children with Autism” by Dr. Mark Sundberg, PhD, BCBA-D 2013
Infancy and Early Childhood Training Course 2008
The Basic Course on the DIR / Floortime Model, Stanley Greenspan,M.D.
2nd International Symposium of Autism Certificate Program 2004 “Evaluation and Treatment of Comorbidity in ASD”, Mohammad Ghaziuddin, M.D.
2nd International Symposium of Autism Workshop 2004 “Early Education Programs”
Ontario Association of Behaviour Analysts(ONTABA)