E-mail: [email protected]
34 years old, Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, Medical Doctor. Interests are: Neurodevelopmental Disorders, Childhood Trauma Related Disorders, Neurobiology of Childhood Creativity
Current Position and Past Works:
- 2015 October- Present, Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, Koç University Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2014 January- 2015 October, Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, Van Education and Research Hospital, Van, Turkey.
- 2013 August- January, Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, Community Mental Health Center, Istanbul Public Health Directorate, Zeytinburnu, İstanbul.
- 2009 January- 2013 August, Fellow in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Department, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul University.
- 2008 – General Practitioner in Degirmendere, Goksun, Kahramanmaras.
- 2013 – Visiting Psychiatry Research Scientist for 6 months, under supervision of Dr. Christoph U. Correll, in Recognition and Prevention (RAP) Program, Psychiatry Research Unit in Zucker Hillside Hospital, New York, USA.
- 2013 – Observership experience under supervision of Dr. Rasim Diler at Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic at UPMC (WPIC), Pittsburg, USA.
- 2006 – Internship, for 1 month, in the Department of Internal Medicine, Olomouc University Medical Faculty, Czech Republıc.
- 1994-2001 Cukurova Electric Anatolian High School
- 2001-2008 Gazi University School of Medicine
- Şar V, Mutluer T, Necef I, Fatih P, 2018, Feb, Accepted for publication in the American Journal of Psychiatry. Trauma, Creativity, and Trance: Special Ability in a Case with Dissociative Identity Disorder. AJP-17-12-1347.R1.
- Mutluer T, Ateş B, Nasıroğlu S and Eray Ş, 2018, Jan, Three adolescent cases of a very rare disorder: Trichotemnomania, Psychiatry and Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2018, 1-4. DOI: 10.1080/24750573.2017.1420377
- Taşkıran S, Mutluer T, Tufan AE, Semerci B, 2017, April, Understanding the Associations Between Psychosocial Factors and Severity of Crime in Juvenile Delinquency: A Cross-Sectional Study, Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment,13: 1–8.
- Garipardic M, Doğan M, Bala KA, Mutluer T, Kaba S, Aslan O, Üstyol L. 2017 Mar, Association of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and Autism Spectrum Disorders with Mean Platelet Volume and Vitamin D. Med Sci Monit 20;23:1378-1384. PubMed PMID: 28319054; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5370427.
- Mutluer T, Şar V, Kose-Demiray Ç, Arslan H, Tamer S, Inal S, Kaçar AŞ. 2017 Mar, Lateralization of Neurobiological Response in Adolescents with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Related to Severe Childhood Sexual Abuse: The Tri-Modal Reaction (T-MR) Model of Protection. J Trauma Dissociation. 10:1-18. doi: 10.1080/15299732.2017.1304489. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 28281921.
- Mukaddes NM, Mutluer T, Ayik B, Umut A. 2017 Jan, What happens to children who move off the autism spectrum? Clinical follow-up study. Pediatr Int. 2017 Apr;59(4):416-421. doi: 10.1111/ped.13202. Epub PubMed PMID: 27862704.
- Durmaz O, Kemer S, Mutluer T, Bütün E. 2016 Aug, Psychiatric dimensions in mothers of children with primary nocturnal enuresis: A controlled study. J Pediatr Urol. pii: S1477-5131(16)30213-3. doi: 10.1016/j.jpurol.2016.06.018. PubMed PMID: 27665376.
- Gençoğlan, S., Hekimoğlu, Y., Mutluer, T., Özdemir, P. G., Gümüş, O., Durmaz, O., . . . Aşırdizer, M. 2016, Sep Türkiye’nin Doğu Anadolu Bölgesinde Yaşayan Cinsel İstismar Mağdurlarının Sosyodemografik ve Klinik Özelliklerinin Değerlendirilmesi, Van Medical Journal, 23(4), 318-323.
- Bala KA, Doğan M, Kaba S, Mutluer T, Aslan O, Doğan SZ. 2016 Sep, Hormone disorder and vitamin deficiency in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and autism spectrum disorders (ASDs). J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 1;29(9):1077-82. doi: 10.1515/jpem-2015-0473. PubMed PMID: 27544717.
- Kilincaslan A, Mutluer TD, Pasabeyoglu B, Tutkunkardas MD, Mukaddes NM. 2016 May, Effects of Atomoxetine in Individuals with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and Low-Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder. J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol. PubMed PMID: 27228116.
- Bala KA, Doğan M, Mutluer T, Kaba S, Aslan O, Balahoroğlu R, Çokluk E, Üstyol L, Kocaman S. 2016 Mar, Plasma amino acid profile in autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci.;20(5):923-9. PubMed PMID: 27010152.
- Mutluer T, Karakoc Demirkaya S, Abali O. 2015 Oct, Assessment of sleep problems and related risk factors observed in Turkish children with Autism spectrum disorders. Autism Res. 2016 May;9(5):536-42. doi: 10.1002/aur.1542. PubMed PMID: 26459217.
- Bozkurt, H., Duzman Mutluer, T., Kose, C. and Zoroglu, S. 2014, High psychiatric comorbidity in adolescents with dissociative disorders. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences. doi: 10.1111/pcn.12256
- Yorbik, O., Mutlu, C., Koc, D., & Mutluer, T. 2014, Possible negative effects of snoring and increased sleep fragmentation on developmental status of preschool children. Sleep and Biological Rhythms, 12(1), 30-36.
- Mutluer, T., Bozkurt, H., Coşkun, M., & Zoroğlu, S, 2013, Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: A Current Review of the Literature. Çocuk ve Gençlik Ruh Sağlığı Dergisi/Turkish Journal of Child and Adolescent Mental Health, 20(1).
International Oral Presentations:
- Posttraumatic stress disorder and psychiatric comorbidities in patients with childhood psoriasis: Preliminary results of a case control study, 16th Congress of the European Society for Dermatology and Psychiatry (ESDAP), Mutluer T, Ates B, Gencoglan S, Mutluer FO, Ozdemır S, 25-27 June 2015, Saint-Petersburg, Russia.
- Psychiatric Follow up of Children and Adolescent with Past History of Autism, European Society for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (ESCAP), N.M. Mukaddes, T.Mutluer, B. Pasabeyoglu and A. Umut, 11-14 May 2015, Madrid, Italy.
- Atomoxetine treatment outcomes of ADHD in children with Autistic Spectrum Disorders” The 5th International Congress on Psychopharmacology &International Symposium on Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology, Kılıncaslan A, Mutluer T, Pasabeyoglu B, Tutkunkardas D, Motavalli NM, October 30-November 3, 2013. Antalya, Turkey.
- Psychotropic Medication Use in Child and Adolescents: Discussion of Etichal aspects of the issue, The 4th International Symposium on School Mental Health, Mutluer T, Sokullu Akyil D, Alyanak B, 7-8 December 2013, Istanbul, Turkey.
International Poster Presentations:
- Neuropsychological Profile Differences Between Children With Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder (DMDD) and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD): A Preliminary Study. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 56(10), S233-S234. Taskiran, S., Mutluer, T., & Necef, I. (2017). 4.16
- Face Emotion Recognition Differences With Respect to Frustration in Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder (DMDD) and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 56(10), S234. Taskiran, S., Turkakin, E., Karamanci, C., Mutluer, T., Necef, I., & Balci, F. (2017). 4.17
- Effect of dietary elimination on psychosocial functioning status in breastfeeding mothers of infants with food allergy, AS Kacar, T Mutluer, NU Kizilkan, S Taskiran, C Sackesen, ALLERGY 72, 526-526
- The Correlation Between Distractor Incorporated Continuous Performance Test and Neuropsychological Test Battery Results of Children With Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Taskiran S, Mutluer T, Isin Sanli I, Tufan E, Semerci B. Accepted for presentation in AACAP’ s 63th annual conference in October 2016. (ID:26472)
- A Meta-Analysis of Anxiety Disorder Comorbidity in Pediatric Bipolar Disorder, Taskiran S, Yapici-Eser H, Mutluer T, MD; Kilic O, Ozcan A, Necef I, Yalcinay M, Ongur D, Accepted for presentation in AACAP’ s 63th annual conference in October 2016. (ID:27874)
- Sexual Dysfunction and Traumatic Childhood Experiences in Patients with Functional Pruritus, 16th Congress of the European Society for Dermatology and Psychiatry (ESDAP), Durmaz O, Ates B, Mutluer T, Altunay I.K, Ozdemir S, Mutluer F.O, 25-27 June 2015, Saint-Petersburg, Russia.
- Trichotemnomania: Three Adolescent Cases with a Very Rare Disorder and Review of The Current Literature, 16th Congress of the European Society for Dermatology and Psychiatry (ESDAP), Saint-Petersburg, Russia, Mutluer T, Ates B, Nasiroglu S, Mutluer FO, 25-27 June 2015, Saint-Petersburg, Russia.
- Psychiatric Follow up of Children and Adolescent with Past History of Autism, International Meeting for Autism Research (IMFAR), Mukaddes NM, Mutluer T, B. Pasabeyoglu B and Umut A, 11-14 May 2015, Baltimore, USA.
- Assessment of Sleep Habits and Related Clinical Parameters of Sleep Problems in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders, AACAP’s 60th Annual Meeting, Mutluer T, Abali O, 22-27 October 2013, Orlando-Florida, USA.
- High Psychiatric Comorbidity in Adolescents with Dissociative Disorders: A Non-Western Sample From Turkey, AACAP’s 59th Annual Meeting, Mutluer T.D, Bozkurt H, Kose C, Zoroglu S. 23-28 October 2012, San Francisco-CA, USA.
- Expressive Arts Therapy Group For Adolescent Girls with Suicidal Tendencies and Comorbid Psychiatric Diseases, 20th World Congress of the IACAPAP, Icoz E, Mutluer T. 21 – 25 July 2012, Paris-France.
National Oral Presentations:
- Tourette Syndrome and Forensic Evaluation: An adolescent case report and review of the current literature, 22th Adolescent Days, 1-3 December 2017 Istanbul,. Fatih P, Mutluer T, Taskiran S, Yorulmaz C.
- A rare adolescent case presenting with eating disorder, finally diagnosed and well treated with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, 22th Adolescent Days, 1-3 December 2017 Istanbul,. Yoruk, D, Mutluer T, Taskiran S, Oztop D.
- Investigation of risk factors associated with suicide among adolescents, 25th National Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Congress, 1-4 Nisan 2015, Istanbul, Mutluer T, Güven G, Kılınçaslan A, Alyanak B.
- Psychopathology and Related Factors in Mothers of Autistic Children” 24th National Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Congress “From Genome to Therapies” Konya, Turkey, April 9th-12th 2014. Mutluer T, Abali O.
- Atomoxetine treatment outcomes of ADHD in children with Autistic Spectrum Disorders” The 5th International Congress on Psychopharmacology &International Symposium on Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology, Antalya, Turkey, October 30 – November 3 2013. Kılıncaslan A, Mutluer T, Pasabeyoglu B, Tutkunkardas D, Motavalli NM.
National Poster Presentations
- Sociodemographic and Clinical Characteristics of Sexually Abused Children and Adolescents Cases Living in Turkey’s Eastern Anatolia Region, Conference Paper, Forensic Science Congress, Bodrum, Turkey, April 2016, Gençoğlan S, Hekimoğlu Y, Mutluer T, […] · Onur Durmaz O.
- Neuroimaging Findings and Clinical Psychiatric Correlations in Adolescents with Severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, 20th Adolescent Days, December, 2015, Mutluer T, Tamer S, Arslan H, Tamer S (Awarded as the best poster).
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders, a case report and review of the current literature. 22th National Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Congress, Abant, 2012. Mutluer T, Kılıncaslan A, Zoroglu S.
- A Case Report: Oral self-mutilative behaviors, accompanying with Tourette Syndrome, 22th National Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Congress, Abant, 2012. Gunes A, Mutluer T, Kılıncaslan A, Zoroglu S.
- A Case Report: Temporal lobe localized epidermoid cyst and neurodevelopmental disabilities. 21th National Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Congress, Antalya, 2010. Mutluer T, Kılınçaslan A.
- A Case Report: Developing ADHD after traumatic brain lesion, 21th National Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Congress , Antalya, 2010. Hocaoglu S, Mutluer T, Kılınçaslan A.
- A Case Serious: Adolescent onset school phobias, 21th National Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Congress , Antalya, 2010. Tutkunkardaş MD, Mutluer T, Adak İ, Harmancı H, Demirelli B, Kılınçaslan A.
- Continuity assessment of adolescents, in alcohol and substance use outpatient clinic, at Istanbul University Psychiatry Clinic, 15th Adolescent Days, Ankara. 09-11 December 2010. Mutluer T, Celebi F, Kılınçaslan A, Yargıc I.
- A case report with poly substance use disorder, comorbidity of ADHD and Conduct Disorder, 15th Adolescent Days, Ankara. 09-11 December 2010. Celebi F, Mutluer T, Kılınçaslan A, Yargıc I.
In writing and submission process:
- The Impact of Bulling and Psychosocial Factors on Adolescent Problem-Solving Skills (data of 600 high school students) In collaboration with Sarper Taşkıran, Isıl Necef, Onder Ergönül, Anıl Safak Kacar and Can Mişel Kılıçsız
- The Utilization of d-CPT Test in Differentiation of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and Anxiety Disorders in Children. The data gathering process and analysis has been completed, and we expect to complete the paper writing phase soon.
- The correlation between distractor-incorporated continuous performance test and neuropsychological test battery results of children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. We presented early results of this study in AACAP’ s annual meeting in New York City, on October 2016.
- A meta-analysis of anxiety disorder comorbidity in pediatric bipolar disorder. In collaboration with Hale Yapıcı Eser, Koç University Department of Psychiatry. We presented results of this study in AACAP’s annual meeting in New York City, on October 2016.
- Characteristics of Mothers of Children with Masturbatory Behavior: Early Traumatic Experiences, Personality Traits, And Psychiatric Symptoms – A Controlled Study
- Depression, Problem Solving Skills and Associated Clinical Factors Among Children with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus (Early results of this study was presented in the national child endocrinology conference, follow-up process is still ongoing) In collaboration with Koç University Department of Child Endocrinology.
- Müllerian Inhibiting Substance and Sex Hormone Levels İn Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (Ass. Prof. Cem Gokcen, Prof. Christoph Correll, submitted to the American Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology)
- Severe Mood Dysregulation: A metaanalysis of diagnostic and treatment paradigms In collaboration with Sarper Taskiran, Hale Yapıcı Eser, Koç University Department of Psychiatry.
Ongoing recruitment processes:
- The Neuropsychological Differences of Children with ADHD and DMDD Several diagnostic research and symptom interviews (e.g., K-SADS, Structured Interview for DMDD, Child Behavior Symptom Checklist, and Children Irritability Scale) and neurocognitive tests such as Wisconsin Card Sorting Test, Facial Recognition Test, Digit Span, Trail Making Test, Stroop Test are administered.
- Effect of dietary elimination on psychosocial functioning status in breastfeeding mothers of infants with food allergy is conducted in collaboration with the department of child allergy and child gastroenterology (we are still working on this project). The preliminary results of this study presented in Annual Meeting of The European Society for Paediatric Gastroenterology Hepatology and Nutrition (ESPGHAN) which was held in Prague, Czech Republic from 10 – 13 May, 2017. In collaboration with Koç University Department of Pediatric Allergy (Cansın Saçkesen) and Gastroenterology (Nuray Kızılkan).
- Assessment of psychiatric and sensory profile of Hamamy Case’s, is there a specific sensory compulsive behavior pattern? In collaboration with Hulya Kayserili. The administration, coding and interpretation of neurocognitive and sensory tests were ongoing. We also planned to go to Jordan with Dr. Bruno to perform our tests to the patients living there.
- The effects of mental disorders on urinary and fecal system dysfunction and incontinency among child and adolescents. In collaboration with Koç University Department of Pediatric Nephrology and Child Surgery.
- Neurobiology of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: Clinical & Neurobiological Outcomes: A Longitudinal f-MRI Study (In collaboration with Koruncuk Foundation, National Ministry of Family and Social Politics, Dr. Sarper Taskiran, Dr. Hale Yapici Eser, Dr. Vedat Sar)
Panel & Seminars:
- Case formulation and treatment plan of an adolescent girl with identity crises, a case presentation, 22th Adolescent Days, Istanbul, 1-3 December 2017, Istanbul, Turkey
- Treatment Resistant Tourette Syndrome, a case presentation, ECNP’ s School of Psychopharmacology, April, 2017, Venice, Italy
- Management of treatment resistant Tourette Syndrome, 9th International Congress on Psychopharmacology & 5th International Symposium on Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology (9th ICP – 5th ISCAP) April, 2017 Antalya, Turkey
- Is it possible to recover from autism spectrum disorder? Importance of early diagnosis, April, 2017, Koç University Hospital, Artlab, Istanbul
- Tourette Syndrome and Comorbidity, Koç University Hospital, Artlab, March, 2017
- Boarding schools and associated difficulties among adolescents in the eastern part of Turkey, Panel, 20th Adolescent Days, October, 2016.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Residency and the importance of international relations, Panel, Füsun Çuhadaroglu, Sarper Taskıran, Tuba Mutluer, Ozlem Meryem Kütük, 26th National Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Congress, Izmir, April, 2016
- Clues for Teachers: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Seminar, Association of Psychological Counseling and Guiding Teachers, Van, 5th December 2014
- Frequent Psychiatric Disorders among Child and Adolescent, Seminar, Community Mental Health Center, Istanbul Public Health Directorate, Zeytinburnu, İstanbul, 10th December 2013
- Child and Adolescent Emergencies, Seminar, in Istanbul University, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in Istanbul University Medical Faculty 15th May, 2012
- Anti NMDA Receptor Encephalitis, a case presentation and review of the current literature, The Annual Meeting of Child Psychiatry Specialists, Barbaros Point Hotel, Istanbul, 9th March 2012
- Anorexia Nervosa, Seminar with a case presentation, in Istanbul University, Department of Pediatrics. 13th December, 2011
- Differential Diagnosis of Delirium, Seminar, Consultation and Liaison Psychiatry Meeting, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in Istanbul University Medical Faculty 12th August, 2011
- Epilepsy and ADHD, Seminar, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in Istanbul University Medical Faculty, Istanbul March 13th, 2010
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Seminar, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in Istanbul University Medical Faculty, Istanbul April 27th, 2009
- Computer Applied Statistics, Doctoral Courses, Prof. Hayrettin Okut, Van Yuzuncu Yil University, Doctoral Program for Education Faculty, September 2014 to January 2015, 3 hours/day, 2 days in a week.
- 5th International Summer Course on Research Methodology and Ethics in Health Sciences, June 24th –July 5th 2013. (The program is supported in part by the Fogarty International Center / NIH 1R25TW009248 Research Ethics Initiative grant, Dr. Kerim Munir (PI), Boston Children’s Hospital, Division of Developmental Medicine).
- Schedule for Affective Disorders and Schizophrenia for School Age Children-Present and Lifetime Version – Turkish Version (K-SADS-PL-T), course, Fatih Unal. 22th National Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Congress, Abant, 2012.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Children with Anxiety Disorders, 1th and 2th course, March 2011 Izmir, October 2011 Ankara, Turkey.
- Substance use disorders in adolescents, Zeki Yuncu 24.04.2010 Izmir, 21th National Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Congress “Difficult Life Experiences” 25-28 April 2011 Antalya, Turkey.
- BPRS education and case evaluations” Alp Ucok January to March 2010 İTF Psychiatry Clinic Istanbul.
- Presentation Skills Education, Eray Beceren, Heybeliada May 2010
- Motivational Therapy for adolescents with alcohol and substance use disorders, education Aykut Ozden 11.12.2010 Izmir, Turkey.
- How to write a thesis?, Sule Oktay, KAPPA Education and Counseling, 8 May 2010 Istanbul, Turkey.
- Forensic psychical assessments, 19th National Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Congress 14-17 April 2009 Antakya, Turkey.
- Technics of reading and writing academic articles, KAPPA Education and Counseling 10 October 2008, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2017 ECNP School of Psychopharmacology Award
- 2015 Turkish National Adolescent Days, the best poster award, 1000 TL
- 2014 IMFAR’s Travel Award, a stipend of $ 1000.
- Association of Turkish Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Istanbul Child Mental Health Association (As a member of board of management for 2 years)
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP)
- The International Meeting for Autism Research (IMFAR)
- Foundation of Turkish Bipolar Disorder
- Diving (CMAS 1 star scuba diving license)